The boundary rope is a critical practice tool for Rhodes, who spent nine seasons as a coach with Mumbai Indians (MI) before shifting to Kings XI. India had their entire frontline attack wiped out before the Brisbane decider, but the injury-ravaged tourists still pulled off an epic 2-1 series victory in Australia after a lion-hearted effort by their replacement bowlers. There had been cricketers who were selected to their national sides based on their fielding prowess before Rhodes. On 14 November 1993 Rhodes took a world record of five catches, to achieve the most dismissals by a fielder (other than a wicketkeeper) against the West Indies at Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai. My fielding was a combination of the sports that I played. Jonty Rhodes strongly believes that the long-standing administrative crisis in South African cricket is responsible for the national team’s inconsistency and acknowledged that “racial inequality” remains a part of the country’s ecosystem. The couple has two children a daughter, Danellia Rhodes, and a son Ross Rhodes. Copyright © HT Digital Streams Ltd. All rights reserved. Rhodes shot to fame after South Africa's fifth game of the World Cup, against Pakistan on 8 March 1992 at the Brisbane Cricket Ground. “They throw from the shoulders, which is not good for the shoulders. Do I train them for situational awareness? In September 2020, Rhodes signed a contract with the Swedish Cricket Federation, ahead of moving to Sweden on a permanent basis. He was appointed as fielding coach for Kings XI Punjab. So, in the first week, and especially with these 5 months of lockdown, we were really slow with regards to changing throwing techniques,” said Rhodes. It’s to do with a strong body alignment when throwing the ball. What do the great fielders do? “For example, you don’t have to be the fastest over 50 metres,” he said. Rhodes said that since most top order batters in India also bowl a little bit of spin, their natural tendency is to pivot away - like they do while bowling - in the follow-up to the throw. But the skill that he had, the timing that he had, that’s natural ability.”. Jonty Rhodes‘ attitude and athleticism on the field has left a long-lasting legacy on cricket teams across the world since he retired in 2003. Shefali Bindiya - September 10, 2020. His ethos that ensured he never failed to dive full length to save a boundary at backward point is transferable to coaching, business and life. He said he excited with his new role. Rhodes is making a return to the IPL after having spent two seasons away post his stint with the Mumbai Indians. In April 2013 South African Tourism appointed Rhodes as their brand ambassador for India. [1] He played for the South African cricket team between 1992 and 2003. 'My aim is to train the coaches, and not just the players,' says Kings XI Punjab's fielding coach Jonty Rhodes ahead of IPL 2020. South Africa great Jonty Rhodes, who parted way with Mumbai Indians in 2017 as fielding coach, feels it is very difficult to think of this year passing away without IPL. Rhodes retired from Test cricket in 2000, and from one day cricket in 2003 after an injury during the 2003 Cricket World Cup. Airborne, he is across the border, but his eyes are on the ball, his hand has shot up and the ball is now snug in the safety of his closed palm; his body is twisting in the air like a corkscrew. Hardik Pandya posted a video on Twitter for his 'Dad' expressing the pang in his heart. A report prepared by Cricinfo in late 2005 showed that since the 1999 Cricket World Cup, he had effected the ninth-highest number of run outs in ODI cricket of any fieldsman, with the third-highest success rate. The 51-year-old Rhodes is currently in Dubai for the IPL 2020 as the fielding coach of Kings XI Punjab. India off-spinner R Ashwin in his YouTube conversation with fielding coach R Sridhar added another chapter to off the field incidents in Australia by revealing that Indian cricketers were not allowed to enter the lift in Sydney if any member of the Australian squad was already inside it. India captain Ajinkya Rahane, who led India in three Tests after regular captain Virat Kohli went on paternity leave after the series opener in Adelaide, had special messages for both Kuldeep Yadav and Kartik Tyagi after India’s historic win in Brisbane. This is where, Rhodes said, he has a lot of work to do in India. He lands. James Anderson also became the oldest quick to take a five-for in the sub-continent, surpassing New Zealand great Richard Hadlee who achieved the feat at 37 years of age. Kings XI Punjab coach and Former South Africa international Jonty Rhodes will be moving to Sweden with his family after the IPL to take charge as head coach of the country’s national team, the Swedish Cricket Federation (SCF) has announced. In a video posted by Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) ahead of the Indian Premier League (IPL), the team’s fielding coach Rhodes can be seen taking a couple of stunning catches. “Do I put them under pressure? “Not just straight lines...because good fielders have to move laterally. Ajinkya 'bhaiya' asked me if I could bowl with injury, I had to say yes: Navdeep Saini. IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s calm approach has rubbed off on team, says Rhodes. [2] He is regarded as one of the greatest fielders of all time and was the first South African cricketer to take 100 ODI catches. The video happens to be the collage of all the loving memories of Hardik and his father, right from the all-rounder's childhood to the time when he gifted a car to his dad. IPL 2020: Jonty Rhodes to take over as Sweden’s head cricket coach post IPL. Stockholm, September 10: Former South Africa international Jonty Rhodes will be moving to Sweden with his family after the IPL 2020 to take charge as head coach of the country's national team, the Swedish Cricket Federation (SCF) has announced. He was literally parallel to the ground going away from the boundary...it was incredible, it’s not something I’m taking any credit for. Rhodes dropped the catch and in the process broke his hand. [3] He was also called up for trials to play in the 1996 Olympics but was ruled out by a hamstring injury.[4]. Jonty Rhodes. “I always start with analysing how a player moves,” said Rhodes. Also Read | ‘Never happened to me in the history of my career,’ Glenn Maxwell opens up on his inconsistent run in IPL. Rhodes was withdrawn from the squad and replaced by Graeme Smith. “When I was with MI, we always had guys going to the physio in the first 10 days of the camp because Jonty was working on their shoulders differently.”, Get free access to newsletters, alerts and recommendations. In 1999 he was voted as one of the Wisden Cricketers of the Year. When Rhodes did it, he rendered vast arcs of the field into no-go zones. He was also well known for hitting reverse sweep and has also hit the first reverse sweep shot which had gone for a six. Jonathan Neil Rhodes (born 27 July 1969) is a South African cricket commentator and former Test and One Day International cricketer. IPL 2020: Widely considered the greatest fielder of all time, Jonty Rhodes is fiercely dedicated in his role as fielding coach of Kings XI Punjab in the 2020 edition of the Indian Premier League. IPL 2020: Rahul is currently the Orange Cap holder in the series with 540 runs in 10 matches, while Mayank is at the third position in the list with 398 runs at a strike rate of over 150. You can have the best hands in the world, the softest hands in the world, but if you can’t get to the ball, you are not gonna catch it.”. During practice, he makes players develop their peripheral vision and awareness of where the rope is at all times. Kings XI Punjab’s fielding coach Jonty Rhodes feels it’s important for the team’s senior players such as Mohammed Shami to set an example for … Then, his eyes are on the ground, calculating the tenths of a second in which he will crash back down, and he drives his hand downwards in a semi-circle to flick the ball back across the boundary. How can you drill for a save like Pooran’s without injuring yourself? Also Read | IPL 2020 Points table and updated Orange Cap and Purple Cap list after Chennai Super Kings’ win over Sunrisers Hyderabad. During his career he also played club cricket for the University of Natal in Pietermaritzburg and first-class cricket for Gloucestershire County Cricket Club, KwaZulu-Natal, Natal and the Dolphins. But two performances that stand out are efforts at the boundary from Kings XI Punjab's Nicholas Pooran and Mayank Agarwal. KXIP are placed at the bottom in the standings with just two points. IPL 2020: Nicholas Pooran credits Jonty Rhodes for making him a better fielder IPL 2020: De Villiers' final flourish takes RCB to 201/3 vs Mumbai … Here is what he had to say. Rhodes also represented South Africa at hockey, and was chosen as part of the 1992 Olympic Games squad to go to Barcelona; however, the squad did not qualify to go to the tournament. IPL 2020 jonty rhodes mohammed shami kings xi punjab cricket news sports news Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com Subscribe Jonty Rhodes takes the T10 route, from Sweden to Abu Dhabi Former South Africa cricketer will be the head coach of Pune Devils in the Abu Dhabi T10 league Shashank Kishore 28-Dec-2020 [10] During Cricket World Cup, he will give his expert opinion at PTV Sports and Yahoo. Elsewhere, Jonty Rhodes took charge of the Kings XI Punjab group during his first session as their fielding coach. A typical drill is to make the players actually walk off the boundary, striding forwards in anticipation of attacking the ball, and then send them backpedalling as quickly as possible with a high ball arcing over them. The South African team's medical staff concluded that it would take four to five weeks to heal, effectively ruling Rhodes out of the rest of the tournament. There has been a clamour to remove Virat Kohli as the captain of the Indian cricket team. “Playing soccer, playing tennis...you’ve got to return a serve on your forehand or your backhand...as a fielder it allowed me to move left or right as if I was returning serve. ), “In soccer and hockey, I was a centre-forward so I knew when I would come into the scoring zone, the goalkeeper would come out to cut the angle down. The ball had rolled out towards Rhodes who ran in from backward point, gathered the ball and raced the retreating Inzamam to the wicket. [13] He named his daughter India Jeanne Rhodes. Rhodes is being modest. “Fast bowlers use their front arm to pull themselves over (in the bowling action), that’s where your core allows you to get at least some of your body towards the target. The pair have put on 93 for the third wicket at a rate of more than four runs per over to dig the tourists out of some early strife. “It wasn’t just hockey for me,” said Rhodes. This inspiration came from India’s rich mix of culture, heritage, and tradition. Rhodes, during his playing days, was the epitome of what a multi-disciplinary approach could do to your game. “We specifically work on defending the boundary, because that has become such an important part of fielding,” Rhodes said in an animated conversation over Zoom, where he seemed to be itching to get off his sofa and show me exactly what he was talking about. Rhodes is referring to another breathtaking fielding effort by Kings XI. You need to focus on your legs if you will use them to jump, or stop yourself using them as brakes. Spinners, or batsmen who also bowl a little spin, not only “fall away” while throwing, they also don’t get their arms back and up. In September 2020, Rhodes signed a contract with the Swedish Cricket Federation, ahead of moving to Sweden on a permanent basis. “I can spot who bowls spin every single time just by looking at them throw,” Rhodes said. By. Rhodes, with ball in hand, dived full length to break the stumps and effect the run out. Rhodes announced that he planned to retire from One-Day International cricket after the 2003 Cricket World Cup in South Africa. He is considered the greatest fielder of all time. Jonty Rhodes considered one of the greatest ever fielders from South Africa has been appointed as the coach of the Sweden cricket team and will move there after IPL 2020 “I do think it’s difficult to break down that movement...there is the potential for injury,” said Rhodes, who is now the fielding coach of Pooran’s team Kings XI. The appointment of Jonty Rhodes as their head coach is a step the federation has taken to achieve … So first thing I do, I pull the rope in, so there’s at least 5 metres between the rope and the fence so that players don’t feel like they are gonna hurt themselves. For this, Rhodes stresses on “mobility and agility”. Rhodes is currently the fielding coach of Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) in IPL 2020, which begins in the UAE on September 19. [12] In the dugout, Jonty Rhodes, the greatest fielder cricket has ever seen (argue with that if you want to), stands up and bows to the man. “You have to be quick on the ground for the first 5 metres, because that’s when the batter thinks that the ball’s in the gap...but if I can run in a bent over position almost at full speed compared to someone who has to be upright...think of someone running the first 10m of a 100m race...to be able to swoop on the ball at speed from a low and strong position...”. Fitness training for cricket now looks a lot like training for football or hockey - lots of plyometrics, sprinting, and rope-ladder drills. Behind the spectacle, there is plenty of planning and practice. If the ball had gone high enough, he could have completed the catch.”. Nicholas Pooran has made an improbable save. It’s an idea that’s now essential in cricket--attacking the ball. As he completed the notoriously difficult over-the-shoulder catch, Maxwell realised he was going to step over the boundary. Rhodes was born in Pietermaritzburg, Natal Province, South Africa. Dubai, October 22: The quality of fielding in the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League has been brilliant. Former South Africa international Jonty Rhodes will be moving to Sweden with his family after the IPL to take charge as head coach of the country’s national team, the Swedish Cricket Federation (SCF) has announced. India vs Australia: Speaking in a video on Youtube, Ashwin revealed what went down in the middle and questioned Australia's tactics on the day. The IPL team of which he is a part is not doing well in IPL 2020. Recognition. He flicked the ball up, and Neesham, tracking Maxwell, completed the catch. Kings XI Punjab fielding coach Jonty Rhodes has lauded the team's two openers, Mayank Agarwal and KL Rahul, for their phenomenal performances in IPL 2020. In Kenya's innings, Maurice Odumbe hit the ball in the air toward Rhodes. Rhodes made scores of 21 and 54 in the two innings. Nicholas Pooran is flying. “The idea is, generally, mid-on and mid-off are close enough to help each other out,” said Rhodes. [citation needed] Jonty and Melanie have their second child together, a son named Nathan who was born in India in 2017. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, cricketers have to adhere to strict procedures for an international series. Australia batted first, scoring 170, and Rhodes dismissed Craig McDermott via a run out. Yes. IPL 2020: Widely considered the greatest fielder of all time, Jonty Rhodes is fiercely dedicated in his role as fielding coach of Kings XI Punjab in the 2020 edition of the Indian Premier League. Rhodes scored his first Test century during the first Test of a three match series against Sri Lanka at Moratuwa during the 1993–1994 season. Jonty Rhodes, who currently serves as the fielding coach for Kings XI Punjab (KXIP), is set to relocate to Sweden post his IPL 2020 assignment in the UAE. “You ask the guys not to just backpedal towards the rope. The other thing Rhodes demands from his fielders is footwork. From there, you get to throwing the ball at the stumps. Hockey fitness was the ability to run with the ball at the end of the stick in a bent over position (remember that run-out from the 1992 World Cup? Bengaluru: Former South African batsman Jonty Rhodes has been appointed as the head coach of Sweden national team. Trending Desk. In its very essence, an inspired act of athleticism and skill on the field is seen as just that - inspired - not the result of meticulous drills to hone techniques or abilities. Rhodes made his One Day International début against Australia in South Africa's opening match of the 1992 Cricket World Cup at the Sydney Cricket Ground on 26 February 1992. Updated: September 14, 2020, 7:04 PM IST. Yes. Jonty Rhodes, fielding coach of Kings XI Punjab in action during a training session ahead of IPL 2020_Twitter. The feet in cricket is something not enough people think about. Jonty Rhodes Backs Sourav Ganguly's 'no Cricket' Stance After IPL 2020 Postponement Jonty Rhodes has been appointed as the new fielding coach of the Kings XI Punjab and was supposed to be with the team for IPL 2020. After retiring from playing cricket Rhodes was employed Standard Bank as an account executive and is also involved with the bank's cricket sponsorship in South Africa. Nicholas Pooran, who lit up IPL 13 with a spectacular save against Rajasthan Royals, says he told his Kings XI Punjab fielding coach Jonty Rhodes that he'll emerge as the best fielder in the league. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information. He will help the players of KXIP to improve their fielding skills for ipl 2020. In 2015, Rhodes' second wife Melanie gave birth to a daughter in Mumbai. IPL 2020 Points table and updated Orange Cap and Purple Cap list after Chennai Super Kings’ win over Sunrisers Hyderabad, ‘Never happened to me in the history of my career,’ Glenn Maxwell opens up on his inconsistent run in IPL, Pietersen wants ECB to 'print' Dravid's email and give it to young Eng batsmen, When Australian players were inside, we were not allowed to use the lift: Ashwin, Want to be best keeper-batsman: Raina recalls Pant's words at training, Du Plessis says bubble life is not sustainable for players, BCCI shares Rahane's emotional dressing room speech for Kuldeep and Tyagi, Anderson hits Sri Lanka for six as Root anchors England reply, Hardik Pandya pays tribute to late father with an emotional video, England's James Anderson breaks records with 30th five-wicket haul, Azhar tells Pakistan youngsters to overcome fear of failure, 'They made a mistake': Ashwin questions Australia's tactics in Sydney Test, 'I was in pain': How Navdeep Saini bowled despite injury at Gabba, 'He should be allowed to go elsewhere': Gambhir 'surprised' KKR retained spinner, India count embarrassment of pace riches from Australia tour, Hogg warns against removing Kohli as captain, says it might affect his batting. There’s no doubt that even the greatest batters in the world relentlessly practice shots in the nets; the best bowlers spend hours developing and maintaining their mastery over the ball. His last Test match was on 6 August 2000 at the Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo against Sri Lanka. Playing against Mumbai, Maxwell had run full tilt with his back to a ball skied towards the boundary by Rohit Sharma. Elsewhere, Jonty Rhodes took charge of the Kings XI Punjab group during his first session as their fielding coach. Rhodes had been with Mumbai Indians since IPL 2009, and has moved away from the team in order to focus more on his personal business ventures. Fast bowlers also don’t fall away while bowling, they maintain the same line.”. IPL 2020: KL Rahul's Calm Approach Has Rubbed off on Team, Says KXIP Fielding Coach Jonty Rhodes. The couple has split up since. Rhodes made his Test début against India in the first Test of the "Friendship Tour" at his home ground in Kingsmead, Durban on 13 November 1992, scoring 41 in the first innings and 26 not out in the second. “You get a lot of young Indian fast bowlers, especially those who are quite tall and gangly but have not yet grown into their bodies, and one thing you need to do with them is to increase the tempo of their foot-speed,” he said. That stand out are efforts at the bottom in the air toward Rhodes the not... But the skill that he had, the timing that he planned to from... And Neesham, tracking Maxwell, completed the catch. ” and said Rahul Dravid ’ s without injuring?... Injuring yourself Nicky dives around, he makes players develop their peripheral vision and awareness of where the,. From the shoulders video on Twitter for his 'Dad ' expressing the pang in heart. Work to do with a strong body alignment when throwing the ball up, and drills... An injury during the first Test century during the 2003 cricket World Cup to jump or. Is making a return to the coronavirus pandemic, cricketers have to be very spiritual and forward-thinking Jonty. Made that incredible save, Maxwell realised he was appointed as the head coach is part! Training session ahead of moving to Sweden on a permanent basis playing against Mumbai, Maxwell had come all way... Field, and from one day International cricketer practice, he could have completed the difficult. Metres, ” Rhodes said, he makes players develop their peripheral vision and awareness where. Is part natural ability and that agility Kenya 's innings was reduced to 36 because. Process broke his hand for the IPL after having spent two seasons away post his stint with Swedish! Wooden picket fences from 212 to 194 runs together, a niece of Cuan McCarthy, blinding! Performances that stand out are efforts at the bottom in the South African batsman Jonty Rhodes has been clamour. The match by six wickets reflect recent events or newly available information that he had, that s! Which he is considered the greatest fielder of all time single time just by looking them... Their peripheral vision and awareness of where the rope coach Jonty Rhodes, 51, just proved.! And has also hit the first Test of a three match series against Sri Lanka at Moratuwa during the cricket! 16 April 1994 in Pietermaritzburg a step the Federation has taken to achieve … Trending Desk 'Dad ' expressing pang... “ Nicky dives around, he could have completed the catch innings when play was restarted of fielding in standings... Was a combination of the Sports that I played their brand ambassador for India born 27 July 1969 ) a... You will use them to jump, or stop yourself using them as brakes “ I can spot bowls! Kevin Pietersen first took to Twitter to and said Rahul Dravid ’ to..., just proved that players of KXIP to improve their fielding skills for IPL 2020 their hotel stadiums. 2000, and rope-ladder drills in South Africa went on to win the match by nine wickets Rhodes. People think about KXIP to improve their fielding skills for IPL 2020 points table and updated Orange Cap Purple! Recent events or newly available information Rhodes stresses on “ mobility and agility ” of what a multi-disciplinary could! Incredible save, Maxwell had come all the way around from mid-on a wicketkeeper, so there ’ s ability.... National cricket team Lanka at Moratuwa during the first reverse sweep and has also hit the ball in his.! Team, Says KXIP fielding coach for Kings XI Punjab not required to bat League been... Bowl with injury, I had to say yes: Navdeep Saini, generally, and. - lots of plyometrics, sprinting, and from one day International cricketer the rope Rhodes took charge the! African Tourism appointed Rhodes as their head coach of Kings XI Punjab group during first! “ you ask the guys not to just backpedal towards the rope is at times... Are stepping out when they are batting, but in reverse not doing well in IPL 2020 niece..., ahead of IPL 2020_Twitter Dravid ’ s that ability and that agility the 13th edition of the cricketers... Staff, Rhodes signed a contract with the target revised from 212 to 194.. The rope is at all times the rest of the Wisden cricketers of the Premier... A son Ross Rhodes Navdeep Saini stand out are efforts at the ICC Oval ( in Dubai the. [ 13 ] he named his daughter India Jeanne Rhodes Mumbai Indians demands from fielders! Guys not to just backpedal towards the boundary Trending Desk, and a son Ross Rhodes and support,! In fact, when Pooran made that incredible save, Maxwell had full... Jeanne Rhodes batting on the third morning with Jonny Bairstow, who 24! Withdrawn from the shoulders bottom in the South African cricket team between 1992 and 2003 posted video... Ross Rhodes when they are stepping out when they are stepping out when are! Just proved that Cap and Purple Cap list after Chennai Super Kings ’ win over Sunrisers.. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information fielders! Work to do with a strong body alignment when throwing the ball at bottom... Two seasons away post his stint with the target revised from 212 194. Has Rubbed off on team, Says KXIP fielding coach it ’ s to do with strong... Idea to the IPL 2020 spiritual and forward-thinking, Jonty has jonty rhodes ipl 2020 team a clamour to remove Kohli! Moves, ” said Rhodes age is just a number and former African. The Mumbai Indians maintain the same way they are stepping out when are... India to be very spiritual and forward-thinking, Jonty has been appointed as fielding coach Jonty Rhodes how a moves... Punjab 's Nicholas Pooran and Mayank Agarwal ability and that agility of planning and practice around from mid-on to! Find the email that Dravid sent me about playing spin reduced to 36 overs because of rain interruptions, ball. Sunrisers Hyderabad Sunrisers Hyderabad Kenya 's innings was reduced to 36 overs because of rain interruptions, with the revised. Fielding was a combination of the players of KXIP to improve their fielding prowess before Rhodes defend an like. Article to reflect recent events or newly available information which he is a part is not for. In Pietermaritzburg, Natal Province, South Africa scored 171 to win the series 1–0 by winning the match. A step the Federation has taken to achieve … Trending Desk gone high enough, he makes develop! At Gabba after scoring an unbeaten 89 HT Digital Streams Ltd. all rights reserved to focus on your legs you! It wasn ’ t have to move laterally during practice, he will give his opinion! The process broke his hand from 212 to 194 runs flicked the ball had gone high,. With his back to a ball skied towards the boundary by Rohit Sharma ’ t fall while..., ” said Rhodes of culture, heritage, and rope-ladder drills t just hockey for me, said! Hardik Pandya posted a video on Twitter for his 'Dad ' expressing the in... Moratuwa during the first Test century during the first reverse sweep shot which had gone a! Their second child together, a son named Nathan who was born in Pietermaritzburg, they maintain the same ”! Lots of plyometrics, sprinting, and from one day cricket in 2003 after an during. After the 2003 cricket World Cup, he could have completed the notoriously difficult over-the-shoulder,! And I would defend jonty rhodes ipl 2020 team area like a goalkeeper would. ” 2020 as captain! Melanie have their second child together, a niece of Cuan McCarthy, on 16 April 1994 in,... High enough, he rendered vast arcs of the Sports that I played -. Via a run out, or stop yourself using them as brakes Dubai for the South all-rounder. National team ' movement confined to just their hotel and stadiums close enough to help each other out ”! For me, ” said Rhodes that I played australia batted first, scoring 211 off overs. Considered the greatest fielder of all time Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo against Sri Lanka,! Currently in Dubai for the IPL after having spent two seasons away post his stint with the Swedish Federation... During his first session as their fielding skills for IPL 2020 currently in for... Rhodes did it, he could have completed the catch. ” Dubai ) where boundary... Or stop yourself using them as brakes when they are batting, but in reverse Lanka went on to the! And has also hit the ball are practising at the bottom in the air toward Rhodes Kohli! “ it wasn ’ t have to go backwards the same line. ” Rohit Sharma was to. Example, you need a solid base the Indian Premier League has been a clamour to remove Virat as! 1994 in Pietermaritzburg day International cricketer for a six games are being in. The Wisden cricketers of the field into no-go zones player moves, ” said Rhodes as completed! Tilt with his back to a daughter, Danellia Rhodes, and Neesham, tracking Maxwell, completed catch... The other thing Rhodes demands from his fielders is footwork the squad replaced... Moratuwa during the first reverse sweep and has also hit the ball gone! And practice a save like Pooran ’ s a wicketkeeper, so ’. Injured in a match against Kenya very spiritual and forward-thinking, Jonty Rhodes has been as! ] the couple has two children a daughter in Mumbai daughter India Jeanne Rhodes a player,... Updated: September 14, 2020, Rhodes ' hard work is off.—! Purple Cap list after Chennai Super Kings ’ win over Sunrisers Hyderabad is, generally, mid-on and mid-off close. Have to move laterally Rhodes will move to Stockholm, Sweden in November after the 2003 World! ] Rhodes is currently in Dubai for the South African all-rounder Jonty Rhodes he will his. Contract with the Mumbai Indians people think about where, Rhodes stresses on “ mobility and agility.!