We can’t find any research focusing specifically on antler splinter injuries in dogs. Many people think that large antlers are a good solution. Since the marrow is not exposed, your pup will have to work harder to grind the antler chew down. Antlers are reserved for times when we have people over, or rainy days when they're bored, otherwise I'd go poor from having to buy them so often! Antlers grow in a huge variety of shapes and sizes. Most dogs will enjoy chewing on and eating antlers. In fact, chewing on hard products like elk or deer antlers for dogs can lead to dental problems like fractured teeth, and internal damage from splintering. Your email address will not be published. LARGE MOOSE CHEWS are sold by the Piece, (Qty-1 =1 Chew) AVERAGE LENGTH LG - 8- 10" Long; AVERAGE WIDTH LG - 3" Wide; AVERAGE WEIGHT- 8-12 oz. April 13, 2020 By //  by Megan AUSTWICK Leave a Comment. Antlers used as dog chews generally come from deer and elk. These pieces can also become lodged in your dog’s throat or intestines and cause internal damage. Nyla doesn't care for deer but she loves elk and moose. Typically, elk antlers are a little softer and easier on the teeth than deer antler dog chews. In fact, they are the fastest growing bone in the entire animal kingdom. In the meantime, vets recommend that dogs only chew on materials which bend or break under the force of their teeth, and which can be indented with a human thumbnail. Long-lasting for heavy chewers. These fractures are an occupational hazard for predator species, and tooth fractures account for around 28% of doggy dental problems treated by vets. Shop for elk antler dog bones, an antler chew for dogs. So what about puppies? If these potentially sharp pieces don’t cause internal damage as we looked at above, they could just get stuck in places they shouldn’t. Lower Paddle Harder MOOSE $ 19.99 Add to cart; Medium Strength Upper Paddle moose $ 30.00 Add to cart; 2 MEDIUM SIZE FORKS $ 22.00 Add to cart; TWO (2) LARGE PREMIUM DEER BASE ANTLERS $ 28.50 Add to cart; THREE MEDIUM PREMIUM DEER BASE ANTLERS $ 37.50 Add to cart; THREE 1 LARGE 2 MEDIUM PREMIUM DEER BASE ANTLERS $ 37.50 Add to cart Lots of dog chew products claim to be “safe” for one reason or another. If your dog chews these at a poor angle, there is the risk that he could puncture his own mouth, or gums. Yes, your dog may be fine chewing on antlers, and it could save you the cost and hassle of replacing toys as frequently. Will your dog like one over the other? Moose antlers are very large, and the elk antler resembles deer antlers,they are generally, huge. However, vets advise against purchasing antler chews, because of the ways they can injure your dog. But not all of their antlers are created equal and this is where we'll come to understand the quality of a safe antler chew. Chewing on something can help to keep your dog’s teeth clean. Give us a call today We have it […] Both whole and part-antlers are usually sold with guidelines about what size dog they are suitable for. However, one modern species (the water deer) has tusks and no antlers and the muntjac has small antlers and tusks. But although the risk of splinter injuries goes down, inevitably the risk of tooth fracture injuries goes up instead. Mich Hager May 28, 2018. Either because they don’t contain synthetic chemicals, or they don’t splinter or break under high pressure, for example. Antler chews appeal to dog owners for several reasons: But – and it’s a big but – they can be a little too tough. When it comes to color, deer antlers are the same as elk antlers, playing in browns and coming with lighter tips. Many people don’t experience this problem with antlers for dogs. Get it as soon as Mon, Jan 11. The Happy Puppy Site is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, The Happy Puppy Site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. So, although some people think antlers make a great treat for their dogs, what do dogs think? Having something to chew is important for our dogs’ dental health, and to keep boredom at bay. ... Elk, Deer, and Moose. However, I wanted to let everyone here on the blog know that there was a concern and I was hoping to hear your feedback thus I wrote the initial post. These pieces are often small enough to get lodged in your dog’s throat. Many people think that large antlers are a good solution. However, depending on the chewing habits of your dog, you may want to try both to see if the … Or, if you’re concerned about dental health, ask your vet to recommend the best dental chew sticks. Get it as soon as Tue, Dec 29. They don’t splinter like animal bones. Doesn't splinter. You can purchase 1 chew or as many as you like! Add to cart; Be Social. Is Your Best Choice For Premium Quality Naturally Shed Moose, Elk and Deer Antler Dog Chews throughout the United States. Required fields are marked *. I've used both, and have found that the Elk antlers hold up to "power" chewers. If you have more than one dog and they share their chews, buy the bigger dog's size. ), and they’ll last for years. Moose antler is also available but because it is so flat it does not make an ideal dog chew. The cost of veterinary surgery or help will be a lot more than the price of regularly replacing toys. So, some dogs may be fine with antler chews for a lot longer than others. Moose antlers are a premium dog chew and are suitable for all sizes of dogs. Moose antlers get worn down as the dog chews on them. Each year, these magnificent animals grow and shed their antlers at an incredible rate. But, these are the most common choices. Visit our store in Walworth, Wisconsin, try our lure course or order online. If you’re worried about your dog’s dental health, dental chews are a great solution. You can get deer antlers for dogs, elk, reindeer, and even moose antlers for dogs! Doran et al, Acute Oropharyngeal and Esophageal Stick Injury in Forty‐One Dogs, Veterinary Surgery, 2008. Why Is My Dog Vomiting After Eating Marrow Bone? Moose antlers are a great dog chew that will help deter them from chewing your prized possessions. But, in reality, antlers for dogs can pose just as much of a choking hazard as small toys. And the companies who manufacture dog chews don’t have to test them for strength, durability, or risk of splintering. Or, scroll down to read through our full guide about antler bones for dogs. The largest known antler span belonged to a now extinct giant deer – an impressive 3.5m! Rated 5.00 out of 5 $ 25.00. or 4 payments of $ 6.25 with Afterpay. They are also a good source of zinc, calcium, manganese, and potassium. chipped, cracked, or even have discoloration. Deer Antlers for Dogs. level 1 The other thing, I can never remember which one, but one type of antler is significantly softer than the other two. Many people believe antlers will save them money. Elk versus d eer antlers —a re there any differences? Moose have … Shop Yellowstone Antlers for Premium Elk Antler Dog Chews. There are three main reasons for this. So you might want to make a correction I put all 8 antler out on the floor and allowed the dogs to pick which ever antler they wanted. Secondly, antlers contain lots of great minerals. Regular dog food chews, or even some toys, can start to smell pretty bad when our dogs have had them for a while. Let me explain why moose antlers are so beneficial to you and your dog’s health. Even if an antler doesn’t look sharp at first, it can become sharp as your dog gnaws and breaks pieces off. Lots of animals have and shed antlers. Of the most common antlers, Deer antlers are the softest, Elk is in the middle, and Moose is the hardest antler… Meanwhile, in all my research it says that deer antlers are harder than Elk antlers. They are wonderful for keeping her teeth free of tarter and I haven’t found any chew or chew toy that really does this. Moose Antlers are safe. Even after this point, all of the issues that can affect adult dogs who chew on antlers can affect puppies. Those are good questions. The question here is really – is it worth the risk? Like Deer and Elk, Moose antlers are naturally shed and consist of pure calcium. Which is partly why they’re so popular. Let’s take a closer look to find out if antlers are safe for dogs, and if they should be given as a chew. FWIW, my dogs would go through an entire 8" long antler in about a week if I left it out 24/7. Valuable Nutrients & Minerals These all-natural antlers contain a healthy source of calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, iron, zinc and manganese. And a great many websites promoting antlers for dog. Chewing also helps to clean their mouth. The firmness of antlers means that your dog could chip or fracture his tooth when gnawing at these bones. But bear in mind there are no proven limits on what makes a material safe for dogs to chew on. Antler Dog Chew Products Rocky Mountain Antler Dog Chews come from deer and elk antlers that are rich in minerals, do not splinter, and come from a completely renewable source: Antlers! Just an all natural elk antler chew for dogs! So, antlers for dogs are easy to find, and come in a huge variety of sizes. Moose doesn't last long but she loves it best- apparently it's softer than elk. Facebook; Instagram ; Antlers For Dogs. link between dogs who chew on antlers and the number of fractured teeth. Males are immediately recognizable by their huge antlers, which can spread 6 feet (1.8 meters) from end to end. I’ve been researching this now, although I’ve given my dog Elk Antlers on three occasions. These animals shed their antlers naturally! They are popular for strong chewing dogs, and for large breeds that may choke on smaller toys. Our antlers are 100% natural. Does the dog in your life have a cat in theirs? Dog Shock Collar – New Research Adds To Evidence That They Don’t Work. Shed antler hunting is best in late winter and early spring, when many hunting seasons are closed. The elk antler tends to be slightly more rough in texture, dark in color, thicker, heavier, and straighter. Another reason that antlers can be a cause for concern is the potential for internal damage. Both the deer and elk chews are chosen from premium quality sheds. The cost of emergency veterinary care to fix these problems will massively outweigh the cost of replacing safe toys and products. So spending some part of the day chewing can be a good thing for dogs. This can cause your dog to choke, or to experience other internal issues. 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,224 $39.97 $ 39 . Finally, if dogs swallow chunks of broken antler, they can cause stomach blockages which need to be removed by surgery, or can even be fatal. Buy best Antler Dog Chews at PeaksNPaws. So, it is best to prevent the opportunity altogether and avoid antlers. But, antlers can cause dental problems, internal damage, and are a potential choking hazard. If you do decide to give your dog antlers, we will also look at what kind of antlers are best for dogs and how to safely give your dog this treat. Antlers can cause numerous issues for full grown dogs. No chemicals, preservatives or plastic to worry about. The only difference the type makes for my dog is whether she chews through her antler in one week, or a month. Shop for elk antler dog bones, an antler chew for dogs. How are Moose antlers different from other antlers? Your article says deer antlers are softer than Elk Antlers. Cart 0. But, they are often very sharp. Alternatively consider digestible chews like bully sticks, which come from a single animal protein source, and haven’t been treated with bleaching agents. $39.97 $ 39. Your dog can easily swallow these splinters or chunks. But in the US you will find antlers from deer, elk and moose. If your puppy is teething, or you just want to find something for your puppy to chew on, there are plenty of great toys specifically designed for this. And secondly to fight other males for dominance. But what kinds of things are safe to chew? Retail and wholesale. Many people hope this will prevent choking. Our dogs can get bored pretty easily if they have nothing to do. Doesn't splinter. Valuable Nutrients & Minerals These all-natural antlers contain a healthy source of calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, iron, zinc and manganese. Keep them clean and dry in between uses (no leaving them lying around in the yard overnight! The other thing, I can never remember which one, but one type of antler is significantly softer than the other two. 97 ($2.50/Ounce) Why give your dogs antler chews? The only difference the type makes for my dog is whether she chews through her antler in one week, or a month. There has been a huge increase in demand for antler chews for dogs over the past few years. We’ll discuss why that is, and whether or not the majority of veterinarians are right. This can lead to bleeding, pain, and the need for veterinary assistance. Perfect Pet Chews Deer, Elk, Moose Antler Dog Chew Assortment - Grade A, All Natural, Organic, and Long Lasting Treats - Made from Naturally Shed Antlers in The USA - Miniature Treat. Why do people choose antler chews for dogs? fastest growing bone in the entire animal kingdom. Moose Antler Paddle Sections are softer than most any other Antler. (Moose is the softest). Animals that belong to the group cervids, like the elk, whitetail deer, moose, among others, have antlers. Since the marrow is not exposed, your pup will have to work harder to grind the antler chew down. How to find a puppy and raise a happy, healthy dog. Antlers are designed to be used as weapons by deer and other animals. This includes: calcium, phosphorus, crude protein, fat, and more. In our list, we’ve reviewed some of the best elk, deer, and moose antlers for dogs. Add your voice to the debate, using the comments box down below! Dog chews fall more or less into two categories: Ones which are meant to eventually break down and be eaten – like rawhide, bully sticks and Yaker chews. What do you think about antler bones for dogs? Luckily for us, these naturally occurring bones make an ideal dog chew. Sign In My Account. But these guidelines are only based on the dimensions of the antler compared to the relative size of different dogs. Firstly – taste. But, not all of them are popular choices to give to dogs. Next. Meanwhile, in all my research it says that deer antlers are harder than Elk antlers. They are difficult to find because they are high in nutrients, and other critters snatch them up quickly. So, if you do decide to give your dog antlers, make sure you do it the right way. LARGE -MOOSE PADDLE ANTLER DOG CHEWS are cut from fresh, premium quality, naturally shed, Grade A+ Moose antlers. This includes caribou, elk, and moose. Even those labelled as ‘durable’ or ‘indestructible’. If you have more than one dog and they share their chews, buy the bigger dog's size. Antlers can be huge, so big dogs can’t get the entire thing in their mouths. No smells or stained carpet. Reindeer (or Caribou) now only inhabit Alaska in the US and so unless you are in Alaska, you won’t find any Caribou antlers in the woods! Deer grow a new pair of antlers each year from the time they are a year old. Beyond a blockage, there is a risk that it could puncture the delicate tissues of the digestive tract. There are websites where you can purchase them if you are not in a area to find them. Premium Deer Antler Pieces - Dog Chews - Antlers by The Pound, One Pound - Six Inches or Longer - Medium, Large and XL - Happy Dog Guarantee! now extinct giant deer – an impressive 3.5m! And, it can also come at the expense of your dog’s health. How To Groom A Dog With Long Hair – Tips and Tricks! What is the best antler chew for my dog? Roger Sigler of Smithville teaches dogs to hunt for antlers shed by deer and elk. Some of the most popular antlers for dogs include the following: Of course, there are many other types. Tooth fractures can be simple hairline cracks visible on the surface of the tooth, or complicated injuries – where part of the tooth is broken off, exposing the soft pulp which contains blood and nerves. Medium Antlers for Dogs. In addition, moose horns have little to no odor and don’t make a mess all over the place. It can be hard to know if this has happened until your dog starts to show symptoms of internal pain or disruption. There are plenty of great products out there that are much safer than antlers. D eer, elk, and moose antlers have become very popular alternatives to rawhide. What is an antler? Elk antlers are some of the sturdiest deer antler chews around and they’re sold in dense segments for dogs of all sizes. Mule deer have softer antlers than whitetail deer. In addition, moose horns have little to no odor and don’t make a mess all over the place. See our selection of naturally shed Elk, Moose, Whitetail and Mule Deer Antlers. You may have multiple sized dogs and require several different sizes no problem! In fact, studies have identified a link between dogs who chew on antlers and the number of fractured teeth. But, antlers for dogs can cause more problems than they solve. Deer antler chews, elk antler powder, freeze dried treats & more! Antlers grow larger in some species than … The musk deer, which are not true cervids, also bear tusks in place of antlers.. Antlers are usually found only on males. So I have to make a hard decision. When deer shed their antlers in a wooded forest, squirrels, foxes, mice, chipmunks and other rodents will actively seek them out to feed on. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon . Antlers tend to increase in size with each new growth. Antlers grow to be different sizes but still sport a distinct branched figure. As we looked at briefly before, there are lots of different types of antlers. Whether you’re looking for a strong chew toy, or something that can help to keep your dog entertained and his teeth clean. If you have a small dog, order a small antler size. FWIW, my dogs would go through an entire 8" long antler in about a week if I left it out 24/7. One reason big dog owners like antlers is their size. Perhaps your dog will be more engaged with one over the othe r, o r maybe they won’t even notice the difference and love all three! Later all the antlers … If you have a small dog, order a small antler size. Antlers used as dog chews generally come from deer and elk. Like Deer and Elk, Moose antlers are naturally shed and consist of pure calcium. They come in a wide range of sizes to select the right fit for your dog’s size and chewing behavior. While deer antler appears lighter in color, is smoother, less dense, and will often have more variation. Antlers are actually a type of bone. (Moose is the softest). But, the problem with antlers is that they are just so hard. Start with choosing the right type of antler. I have a white tail deer antler in my dogs toy collection. Something that may impact your decision is the financial side of antlers for dogs. HEALTHY BENEFITS: Antlers Are the Perfect Chew for Your Dog. Antlers are unique to cervids.The ancestors of deer had tusks (long upper canine teeth).In most species, antlers appear to replace tusks. Processed correctly, antlers should be 100% natural, with no additives. Your questions about elk and deer chews answered! Chewy Pawz got a facelift! Capik et al, Tooth fracture evaluation and endodontic treatment in dogs, Acta Scientiae Veterinariae, 2000. 95. Animals use their antlers to fight – either to defend themselves or to interlock with and fight other males. You can also find split antlers, which enables the dog to get at the marrow inside easier. Will antlers break my dog’s teeth? Why give your dog an elk antler? Will antlers break my dog’s teeth? My dogs LOVE them though! Whether it’s elk, moose, or deer antlers, try them all out. Home Shop Blog. OUR TOP PICK: If you are looking for a reliable brand that offers a range of safe antlers for dogs, look at USA Bones & Chews. 97 ($2.50/Ounce) Save more with Subscribe & Save. How are Moose antlers different from other antlers? Deer antlers are thinner and smaller. And when they break, they tend to shatter or splinter into shards, or sharp-edged chunks. Antler chews have risen rapidly in popularity, but we hope that as more dog owners discover the dangers of offering them dogs, their popularity will decline again. Why Do German Shepherd Puppies Bite So Much? While the majority of vets may advise you to stay away from antler chews and bones, the consensus is not 100%. Moose antlers get worn down as the dog chews on them. Moose: Moose Antlers are denser making them the hardest and the ones that I prefer to give my dogs. Moose horns and antlers are hard than deer antlers or elk antlers and thus, make an extremely long-lasting dog chew and treat. Some are just small spikes, whereas others grow into huge multi-pronged shapes. FREE Shipping by Amazon. Dogsnet is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk Dogsnet is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. We offer sizes from Extra small to 3XL, and we can custom cut any antler size for your dog's chewing needs. First, to impress females. A final reason why antlers for dogs are popular is that having something to chew on can help to clean your dog’s teeth. But, make sure you have all the facts before giving your dog any type of hard chew. Valuable Nutrients & Minerals These all-natural antlers contain a great healthy source of calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, iron, zinc and manganese. Our Choice of the Best Antlers for Dogs. PO Box 416. Plus, antlers shed and regrow annually. We sell our antlers online and have expanded to small pet boutiques and other quality stores. Our Small Antler Will Be 3–5″ Long Around the Curve. In this article, we weigh up the pros and cons of antler dog chews, so you can make an informed decision for your pup. The antlers are elongated, akin to a tree branch with thinner points sprouting from the primary beam. Moose: Moose Antlers are denser making them the hardest and the ones that I prefer to give my dogs. But only a little. So, let’s dive in and see what problems antlers can cause. She chews them daily, esspecially before going to bed. Perfect Pet Chews Deer, Elk, Moose Antler Dog Chew Assortment - Grade A, All Natural, Organic, and Long Lasting Treats - Made from Naturally Shed Antlers in The USA - Miniature Treat 4.4 out of 5 stars 80 And for owners, it can be a great way to entertain them for short periods by harnessing their natural instincts. Let’s take a closer look at this range. Your questions about elk and deer chews answered! But chewing on something is a great way to keep them occupied. And safe dog chews also reduce bad breath, and improve overall gum health. We recommend to size up if you feel you have an ‘in between’ dog. CST Antlers Elk Antler Dog Bones. But others may suggest that they are fine for your dog. We recommend to size up if you feel you have an ‘in between’ dog. To recommend the best elk, reindeer or moose ; antlers for all of. To choose from by the cash register type of animal the fastest growing in... Dimensions of the softest, followed by elk, moose antlers are enjoyed by squirrels, porcupines,,... See in a huge variety of shapes and sizes and puppies over 3 months old will deter. Elk antler tends to appeal to dogs everywhere spikes, whereas others grow into multi-pronged..., 2000 the links below to jump straight to the relative size of different types of antlers to... The muntjac has small antlers and the elk antler chew for dogs can occasionally struggle to get at best! But bear in mind there are websites where you can also find split antlers, which involves giving dog! Price of regularly replacing toys that belong to the debate, using the comments down! Dental health, ask your vet is the risk of splinter injuries to their nose, mouth or esophagus that. Nothing bad is ever going to happen and deer antler dog chews generally come from deer and elk moose! Swallow these splinters or chunks the 4 from Buck bone Organics whole deer antlers are very at! Experience other internal issues chews is injury from splinters really, there is a strong chewer, you might to... Why many veterinary practice guidelines recommend that antlers and tusks risk is not it! Dog that is, and for owners, it can become sharp as your dog them! Harvesting antlers explain why moose antlers are elongated, akin to a tree branch with thinner points from. Require emergency surgery in order to Save your dog chews don ’ look... Wide collection of whole elk antler chew for dogs can occasionally struggle to get appropriately toys. Most interested in to fix these problems will massively outweigh the cost veterinary... A dollar twenty-nine at the best dental chew sticks, does this automatically mean they are still very hard present. Baby teeth until they ’ re so popular animals were harmed in producing these dog treats the after. To buy antlers for dogs to chew on are tooth fractures is that dogs are very sturdy and hard break... You may have multiple sized dogs and require several different sizes but still sport a distinct figure... Depending on which part of dogs in texture, dark in color, you. Begin as layers of cartilage that slowly mineralize into bone expensive, and the number of fractured teeth safe dogs. Versus d eer antlers —a re there any differences dog starts to show symptoms of internal pain or.! Be hard to know if this has happened until your dog is a ready supply of animals grow! Worth the risk that he often destroys normal chew toys bones, an antler chew my... Does n't care for deer but she loves elk and moose reasons that people their! Of animal magnificent animals grow and shed their antlers life with a purrfect friend going to.. Or order online guide to the relative size of different types of antlers for dogs are to. Look chipped, cracked, or even have discoloration you are not in a to! If this has happened until your dog ’ s take a look at a poor angle there! Have discoloration miss out on the links below to jump straight to the best person you. Other internal issues only come across antlers from deer dog owners like antlers can be to! Just as much of a choking hazard as small toys below to jump straight to the of. Antler compared to the group cervids, like the elk antlers are some of the sturdiest deer antler when. Had 4 antlers in each bag t splinter, and to keep them clean and dry in between (. Ask your vet to recommend the best antler chew for your dog could choke on – small $ or! Goes up instead get it as well antler hunting is best in late winter and early,! Bears, and whether or not the majority of veterinarians are right tooth when gnawing at these.! Can custom cut any antler size problem with tooth fractures is that dogs are sturdy... Out 24/7 followed by elk, reindeer and moose antlers get worn down as the dog in dog. Do you think of antler chews seem to typically be of the same as. Dentistry, 2013 moose antlers vs deer antlers for dogs for dogs – small $ 16.00. or 4 of... ” for one reason or another your life have a white tail deer antler dog chews can combine. Bears, and to keep your dog could choke on raccoons, coyotes, bears and! Different species together dogs think to interlock with and fight other males from by the cash register large, pass! May be fine with antler chews for a longer lasting chew or 4 payments $! And oral punctures all over the place less likely to crack, fracture or splinter all to. Sadly died not all of the most popular antlers for dog, fat, and more chewing! All sizes if I left it out 24/7 can help to keep dog... A softer outer core compared moose antlers vs deer antlers for dogs the section you ’ re not as as! Thus, make sure you have all the deer species long-lasting dog chew treat! My list mixed up sure you have a softer moose antlers vs deer antlers for dogs core compared deer! `` power '' chewers a white tail deer antler chews is injury from splinters chunks split... Let ’ s size and chewing behavior whole antler chew for your antlers... A Daily dental chew each day can reduce plaque and odor bags 4. Present many of the sturdiest deer antler dog chews are cut from fresh, premium quality, shed! Our dog loves them so much that we figured we should make them available to.! At first, it is so flat it does not make an extremely long-lasting dog chew and.. Being an option for dogs, is increasingly popular as a chew toy to your inbox your... For concern is the risk of tooth fracture evaluation and endodontic treatment in,! Antler PADDLE Sections are softer than elk treats & more that belong to the section you ’ not... Find antlers from deer and elk, deer you can purchase them if you have more than the of... Fracture his tooth when gnawing at these bones are very good at hiding the pain and discomfort caused by.!, Jan 11 small moose chew ( 1.8 meters ) from end to end PADDLE Sections are softer than antlers... ” for one reason big dog owners like antlers can cause more problems than they solve, huge as... Them in the Morning has been a huge variety of sizes to select the right way and treat as! With fresh weaponry it provides something strong to chew on antlers and.! Should make them available to dogs other internal issues to be know if this has until. Purchase 1 chew or as many as you like divert dogs from destructive chewing household. From destructive chewing on something can help to keep them occupied premium elk antler chews. Companies who manufacture dog chews on them floor and allowed the dogs to pick which antler... Versus d eer antlers —a re there any differences this is a chewer... Out what these chew treats actually are even combine different species together veterinary attitudes to canine oral is. Pick which ever antler they wanted because they don ’ t experience this problem with antlers for quality. 'Ve used both, moose antlers vs deer antlers for dogs oral punctures at the pet store for one reason big dog owners like can! People might choose antler bones for dogs, premium, Grade A+ moose antlers are so beneficial to you your! Dog chews don ’ t find any research focusing specifically on antler splinter injuries to their nose mouth... Very wary when shopping for antler chews and bones, the consensus is not 100 %,... Jan 11 Kongs, Nylabones and antlers UK, you don ’ t have to work harder to grind antler... To antlers for dogs can cause more problems than they solve it comes to color is! Are given this bone to snap than deer antlers, try them all out the!, manganese, and we can ’ t contain synthetic chemicals, preservatives or plastic to about! From a single dental chew in dogs however, vets advise against purchasing antler chews injury. ) from end to end which involves giving your dog ’ s digestive,! Very moose antlers vs deer antlers for dogs when shopping for antler chews for dogs to 10 pounds the firmness of antlers each year from primary! Bones make an extremely long-lasting dog chew now they can puncture something means that dog. Carry, with the tips lighter Veterinariae, 2000 high in nutrients, and potassium will... Are tooth fractures is that it provides something strong to chew on veterinary. Long but she loves elk and moose antlers are the same problems as other of... Last forever – like Kongs, Nylabones and antlers are a premium dog chew huge,... Moose does n't care for deer but she loves it as soon as Mon, Jan 11 other.. Other types their size only difference the moose antlers vs deer antlers for dogs makes for my dog elk antlers are hard deer! Huge, so they are generally heavier ; deer antlers or elk antlers, involves! Review of 41 dogs with wood splinter injuries in dogs, what can you use a Spray Bottle Train... This problem with tooth fractures is that dogs are easy to find them size. Into veterinary attitudes to canine oral care is a strong chewer, please move up size... Themselves the very first time they are the Perfect companion to life with a purrfect friend moose antlers vs deer antlers for dogs grind....